Thursday 3 November 2011

Amin's post #3 - sent to Ms Lees via email

Good problem solving Amin!

Its unusual for a protagonist to run away rather than facing the problem. I think author made this choice because he was maybe trying to send out a message. I think the author also made this choice because he was also trying to prove that when you get caught you get in much more trouble then you would have gone in before. I also believe that the author made this choice to tell his readers that never run away from a problem just face your problems and let an adult know what your problem is so they might be able to help you solve it but never try to hide it.

I think the message the author is trying to send out is a good one. He is basicly telling that its always better to face your problems and don't try to get away with it because its very unlikely that you will get away with it without actually getting caught, for example if you try to get away by not doing your homework its almost impossible to not get caught unless if the teacher forgets which will most probably not going to happen (My friend has tried before, he got caught). That is what I think thats the message that the author is trying to send.

I believe it is better to face your troubles rather than hiding from trouble i'm sure that you will get in more trouble than you probably would have been into, for example there was a chase quite a few years ago, the police turned the lights on the man had pulled over when the police man was approaching the car the man started driving and the police had to chase him and when the police caught the man he had huge fines and he went to jail, if the man had just pulled over and actually talked to the police man he would have gotten less charges and he wouldn't have had to go to jail. I think everyone should face their problems rather than hiding them because you can get in some serious trouble if you get caught.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you writing more and starting to add some support with present day examples.

    However, before I assess this post - are you sure you reviewed the tips we went over in class today regarding more formal writing? I see several things that need to be addressed:
    "I" voice, conversational tone in places, does not provide supporting examples from the novel

    This post shows improvement overall and with greater attention to the details I think you will continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I need to remove the "I" voice but I don't know how to edit the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amin, nice job with you coment you got lost of stuff, and i like your connections you showed.

    ReplyDelete